This session on closing the sale focuses on how you can influence the customer to make a buying decision. Many people are afraid of ‘closing the sale’ because they feel it is about forcing customers into something that they don’t want. This is not true – closing the sale is simply about prompting the customer to take the next step. This Power Hour focuses on the skills and techniques needed to help you to conclude the sales discussion and agree a sale that is right for the customer.
In particular, by the end of the Power Hour you will be able to:
- Describe common ‘blocks’ to closing the sale, and suggest how they can be overcome
- Identify and use positive closing behaviours and language
- Practice a range of closing techniques to find the one(s) that work best for you.
Close the Sale - PDF Version
THe outline of this Session is as follows:
- Welcome and objectives
- Blocks to Closing the Sale (trainer-led discussion)
- Positive Mental Attitude (Optional)
- Closing Behaviours (with optional exercise to explore in more detail)
- Positive Language (trainer input, card-sort exercise and group discussion)
- Closing Techniques (input, discussion and exercise)
- Buying Signals (Optional)
- Make it work at Work