Life in 21st Century organisations is very different to how things were even 20 years ago. Many now operate in VOLATILE, UNCERTAIN, COMPLEX and AMBIGUOUS environments.
This means that the way we manage people needs to be different to the classic text books of the 20th Century. Leading people in VUCA situations needs a different approach. It’s less about control, command and delegation, and more about support, challenge, and responsibility.
Leading people through transition is no longer a part of successful people management: It’s now central to it.
By completing this Power Hour session delegates will be able to:
- Explain the stages that people and teams go through when experiencing Organisational Change
- Explore the psychological link between change and transition
- Identify appropriate interventions required to support and lead a team in times of change
Lead Transition in VUCA Environments
The Outline for this session is as follows:
- Welcome and Introduction – Trainer and delegate input
- Incremental and fundamental change - OPTIONAL - link to YouTube video and discussion
- Incremental and fundamental change - Trainer input
- Understanding change and transition - Trainer led discussion
- OPTIONAL pairs exercise to explore this in more detail
- Phases of Transition - Trainer input and flipchart exercise (small group execise)
- OPTIONAL EXERCISES - to explore the model in detail: physical walk through and/or mini case studies
- Supporting transition - Group exercises
- Make it work at work - Reflection and action planing