Keeping people motivated is part of the job of any manager or team leader. If motivation is high, people are more likely to be engaged in what they do, and it usually follows that work performance is high. Motivation and Engagement is something internal to an individual, and cannot be imposed. However, managers CAN help to create the conditions where motivation will be more likely. This Power Hour is all about helping you to spot and take practical action to maximise those opportunities.
by the end of the Power Hour you will be able to:
- Identify what motivates people… and what doesn’t
- Describe 2 different theories of motivation and identify where people are in relation to them
- Identify specific actions you can take to create conditions that will motivate and engage the people you work with.
Motivate and Engage People (PDF Version)
A single licence covers a single trainer within your organisation running training sessions internally.
For corporate or multi-buy licences please get in touch
- Welcome and Introduction (to include identifying what type of things motivate US) – Trainer and delegate input
- The business case for motivation and engagement – (Optional) Group exercise to identify virtuous and vicious cycles
- What motivates people? – Group exercise and trainer-led discussion
- Theories of Motivation – Trainer input and group exercises to explore what they mean in practice (including tackling the ‘money’ issue!)
- Motivating high fliers – (Optional) Reverse brainstorm, Trainer input then group exercises and discussion
- The Manager’s Role – Trainer input, group exercise
- Improving motivation and engagement – (Optional) Individual or pairs analysis and action planning
- Summary and putting it into practice