Negotiation isn't just a skill that salespeople need. In today's fluid organisations we all all need to be able to negotiate to get the best possible outcome in the short term whilst maintaining good working relationships in the long term.
This bite-size session has been designed to give you some ideas and techniques about how you can negotiate successfully with colleagues, customers or suppliers to achieve win-win outcomes. By the end of this session delegates will be able to:
- Explain and apply the 4 stages of the negotiation process
- Recognise the skills and behaviours associated with successful negotiation
- Alter their negotiation style to reflect positional and principled negotiations.
Here's an overview of the session:
- Welcome, introduction and objectives
- Why negotiate? - Group discussion
- Practical exercise to explore our natural instincts - OPTIONAL
- The 4 stages of negotiation - Trainer input and a choice of exercise to explore
- Key Negotiation skills - group work to identify core skils
- Negotiation breakdown - discussion to explore why negotiations break down
- Different approaches to negotiation - Group exercises
- Negotiation practice - OPTIONAL role play
- Summary and Making it work at Work