This session on qualifying customers focuses on one of the most important aspects of selling: understanding the customer. Many people hate having to sell to other people and indeed they hate being sold. This is usually because the salesperson tries to force the customer through a process without really considering the customer.
Good sales people on the other hand, help the customer to buy. They take time to understand their needs and work out which product or service is going to be the best for them. They are still selling, but there is nothing pushy about it. This Power Hour focuses on the skills and techniques needed to help you to help the customer to buy.
In particular, by the end of the Power Hour you will be able to:
- Describe the different buying motives that customers have and how this affects your sales approach
- Use appropriate questioning and listening techniques to fully understand the customer's needs
- Gain permission to move forward to the next part of the sale
The outline of the session is as follows:
- Welcome and Objectives
- Buying Motives - Trainer led group disussion/exercise
- Post-it mnote exercise to explored buying motives for own products/services (Optional)
- Questioning Skills
- Listening Skills
- Practical exercise using questioning and listening to uncover buying motives
- Buying signals - Group exercise
- Reviewing - Discussion and optional exercise
- Make it work at work