Many managers are promoted as a result of technical excellence, which is important for the job. However, managers also need to be able to plan, organise, support, develop, communicate and manage performance AS WELL AS complete technical aspects of their job.
This workshop is all about managing yourself: recognising your own strengths and weaknesses as well as considering what the role of a Manager is REALLY about. You can’t manage others if you don’t start with yourself.
By completing this Power Hour Session, delegates will be able to:
- Describe what leaders and managers DO
- Explain the main skills and behaviours of a good manager
- Identify their own personal strengths and potential weaknesses in terms of managing people
To get a flavour of the content, download our FREE Key Points Sheet and optional PowerPoint slides in pdf format. Remember though that the workshop is highly interactive, and this isn't wholly represented in these materials.
Starting to Lead
THe Session includes the following:
- Introduction and objectives
- What is leadership and management? - Group exercise
- The different roles of a manager (OPTIONAL) - Group discussion
- Action Centred Leadership - Trainer-led discussion
- Identifying own "preference" (OPTIONAL) - Individual exercise and group discussion
- The dangers of working too much in one circle - small group exercise
- Case Studies to examine the different elements - smal group work
- Make it work at Work - Action Planning